Friday, December 31, 2004

The Year Gone

If I try to think of it, then it draws blank. Can not remember any highs, except, perhaps, this Blog.

Was having usual bad time for long now. Thought it was a passing phase. Things will change for better. Every book, every story talks about changing fortunes. Even most of the films have happy ending. But it was not happening. Not for me, at least. So much so, that it was getting difficult to concentrate even on work.

Till date, I have been lucky with friends. But past two years, there has been an ebb on that front too. School ones, with whom I was probably the closest, are scattered. The college ones have moved on with life. It is pitiable that even in this electronic age, we don't exchange emails for weeks. Not even those stupid forwards. Itney Bure Din Kabhi Na Soche The!

Most of the office ones, have left the company, or even the city. Some of them live in fringe corners of the city. Mulaqat Kya, Jumma Jumma Bhi Baat Tak Nahin Hoti.

So, as fate would have it, in the heat of a moment, during a lonely June weekend in office, I decided to put up my blog. I reasoned to myself, at least, there would be some diversion, if not a break.

But didn't know what to pen. I was never good in writing. I don't have any creative juice in me. What would be the topics ? Will they be personal? How long this mania last?

But now that I had taken a plunge, I knew topics will also come. Will cross the bridge, when it comes. So it started this way, and now it's six months. This, incidentally is my 200th post.

For my happiness, I will call this a reasonable success. I continued on because of blog friends. People have been reading, and even responding. More importantly, though problems are still there, it has been successful in diverting my attention.

Bringing all old friends back on discussion fold was also another reason behind it. So gradually, as blog moved on, I invited all of them. On that front, it is not a great success. Barring five or six of them, no one else comes around.

So all my new and old friends, wish you all the best for this new year, and rest of your lives. Have a very prosperous and healthy new year. See you next year!
|