Monday, January 17, 2005

Long Weekend

It came as a surprise. Actually, my employers had never given a holiday on Makar Sakranti so I was least expecting it. Even as some of my colleagues did tell me, I thought it was just a misinformation which is always spread before every gazetted holiday which government gives but our company never does.

What makes it even more stupid was the fact that I also checked the official holiday list on company's intranet, and only God would know how I missed it even there. May be viral did the trick.

So came the Friday the fourteenth, and I reached the bus stop bang on the usual time. Seeing nobody waiting there, I first thought I missed bus. But like the first one, neither second nor third bus appeared. By then I had realized it was a holiday, and cursed myself for getting up early.

Actually for two continuous days, I would wake every night at 2 am and could sleep again only at 6 am, to wake up at 7.15 am. This was, probably, happening because of heavy medicines the doc was administering on me. So had I known it was a holiday, I would catch up with some sleep.

But nonetheless, it WAS a leave, and that too a surprise one, so the joy had doubled. Had the afternoon siesta after long time, and long one as well.
|