Friday, July 16, 2004

Sehwag - The Big Mouth

Certainly, Sehwag won't put his money where his mouth is. Neither will I. There are reasons behind it. Just have a glance at the following pattern.

- "Given a chance, I would like to play in middle order in test matches. However, in one dayers, I would like to open."
Considering this comment was made immediately after he completed his triple century, it had everyone completely bamboozled.

- "I am more comfortable if I have a defensive batsman at other end while opening in a test match."
This one came after Ganguly announced his intention of opening with Sehwag and Yuvraj in tests. I, like everybody else felt like stuffing his babbling mouth with red hot chilies. I bet, Ganguly would have liked to do it somewhere else.

- "I will try making a double century in One Dayers. I play attacking game and if I stay right till the end, I can score it."
Now, nobody knows from where this one came from. I reckon, Dabur Chyawanprash did the trick. But everyone knows what it followed with. Sehwag scored a third ball duck, which Robin Singh, HongKong's team coach had already guessed. Probably, he wanted to score all two hundred runs on that ball itself.

These quotes definitely lines up him for the title - "Shoaib Akhtar of India". I wonder what's gone wrong. Is the jat factor which has started come into play or it's "bachpan ka pyar" which is responsible. Perhaps, the triple hundred has got into his head.

I guess, John Write and Sourav Ganguly have a job in their hands. Time's ripe for taming this shrew lest he goes Akhtar way.
|