Monday, May 09, 2005

A Day Of Ironies

Our annual salary revision letters were to be distributed on 11 th May. Never before in the history of my stay in the company, we have been given those letters on promised time.

To our pleasant shock, we were informed that those letters would be distributed two days before, that is, today. Kuchh Bhavuk Prakriti Ke Logon Ki Ankhon Mein To Khushi Ke Aansoo Tak Chhalak Aaye.

Was still smarting under the shock, when in came our HR Manager. " Hey Manish !" Smiles. " Since your boss is on leave, you will have to distribute the salary letters in your group." More smiles.

My pleasure ! Or so as I thought. "But your letter be given by your boss himself", she added a few moments later. Damn!

Damn! Damn! Darnest of Damn !

"What an irony!", I let out without bothering to suppress my disgust. Chirag Taley Andhera. I would be distributing letters while, ironically, I would be getting letter on the day it was orginally promised.

More smiles, and she flew away.
|