Friday, June 10, 2005

Book Revision

Lately, I haven't been reading any new books. Rather, I am revising old ones. I am not sure why I derive a lot of fun re-reading same old gems despite of the fact most of the story is still fresh or dormant in mind. I think it has more to do with the writing style than the actual plot.

The first in the category is Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist. It's a must read for all the kids and adults. This books insists that dreams and destinies are there to be realized, instead of forgetting them off. The book is full of optimism. It says that whatever there is in a mind can be made possible to happen if there is courage and will to do so. The book is fantastic. Can be read again & again .

Sherlock Holmes is back in the reckoning as far I am concerned. The various adventures of this super genius from Bakers Street, London is what I am re-reading again. I began with The Hound Of The Baskervilles, then finished half the collection of The Return Of Sherlock Holmes. Currently I am into The Valley Of Fear.

When I am done and away with Mr. Watson's accounts on Mr. Holmes, I intend to start upon A (rare) Collection Of 100 Short Stories by the master story teller O' Henry. Pune has a lot of such jewels lying neatly on it various footpaths. They sell you for just peanuts. Sellers are satisfied with the good deal they have made, and I am happy to let them think that.

Some of the books I enjoy most re-reading are:

1- The GodFather -Mario Puzo
2- A Matter Of Honour -Jeffery Archer
3- The Alchemist -Paulo Coelho
4- If Tommorrow Comes -Sydney Sheldon
5- The Bourne Identity -Robert Ludlum
6- Most of the P.G. WodeHouse collections
7- All The Three Investigators Series by Alfred Hitchcock

Labels: ,

|