Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Long Live The King

After much effort, now I can safely say that I have something in common with great Amitabh Bachhan. And what's that ?

Colitis.

Colitis, as most of you may be knowing by know from various media sources and otherwise, is inflammation of inner or outer linings of colon(large intestines).

It is fairly common at big B's age, and almost 30% elderly posses it. It is uncommon at my age, and I have it since past four years.

Repercussions ? Colitis is usually harmless. It is easily manageable with strict diet control, and a person can lead a decent quality of life. It happens due to recurrent amoebic infections which are not properly treated.

But one particular type of Colitis called Ulcerative Colitis is extremely dangerous. It happens when our own immune turns up against our intestines. Most likely it attacks teenagers, or people in their twenties. Not common in India, but I know a friend who has it. Very difficult to manage, quality of life poor, and fatal in long term.

I hope our dear old Amitabh gets well soon, and there is no complication. Some people are bored of seeing him too much on the screen, but I am not. I know there would be a time soon when his age and health wouldn't permit him to be that visible. I want to see as much of him before that inevitable happens.

Long live the king.
|