Thursday, December 29, 2005

Another Year Gone!

At the end of last year, I broke into a melancholic tone which had really upset a few well wishers. If last year was bad, this one was extremely bad. Again, I am treading towards the despondent tone which might alarm people, but then, that's the way it has been.

Two of my dear friends have tragically lost the soothing canopy of motherly love. Nothing was as painful as these events, as I know life would never be the same again for them.

I too couldn't escape the changing faces of destiny and had to bear a bitter personal loss myself. A few very personal and cherished relationships turned sour with all efforts of amend going waste.

For the second time in my life, was given a death sentence, but with the grace of God, and prayers from those who matter - I hung on.

Made some new friends, revived some dormant friendships, and mentally dumped certain dummies in the name of friends. Its such a fulfilling feeling to have a deserving friendship, as it adds a great value to our lives and at the same time its a relief to get rid of non-deserving ones. Good riddance, indeed.

Not all gray, though. There were certain silver linings amidst the clouds of gloom. Three of my friends got married. A couple of others are expecting a new member. Some have changed the jobs for good, others have been out exploring the seven seas.

Then there are other small joys which we experience from our day to day life. A small gesture from a stranger here and there which touches. A small talk with a friend after a long time. A surprise visit by person whom you had met ages ago which wouldn't have mattered if s/he didn't, but mattered a lot when s/he did. Then there is a joy of helping someone without being asked.

What a else ? A lot more but then that would be treading on something too personal. This post would be one of my most boring ones, but one can't always laugh, can one?
|