Thursday, October 21, 2004

Seven Of You

I had heard about this a long time ago (not sure, first by whom), that there are seven copies of each of us around i.e., for a given face, there are six more people with identical faces in the world. I was later reminded about this by my sister, and now days, this statement is very common in movies and serials.

Needless to say, I had almost laughed off this fact, when one day I saw this guy. He was handsome, slightly taller than me - and looked familiar. Suddenly it hit me that he looks like me. He use to live near my place, so I could see him quite frequently. But I never discussed this anyone, afraid of being laughed at.

A few years later, when I was in class XI, there was a new joiner from Doon School. Though he was handsome and much taller, his face looked quite similar to mine. Mum was the word again for me, lest people thought I was nuts. But this time, one of my classmates also noticed that, and brought the matter to my notice, without realizing that I already knew.

Reflecting on these individuals, I found this very interesting. Already there were 3 guys with similar faces, in same city, completely unrelated. There could be many more. Believe it or not, we have a exact replica of Shoib Akhtar in Lucknow, also a Muslim, and born on the same date. Only that, he is a meat seller, and a left hander.

So not only we have copies of famous personalities(just that we do have knowledge about them), but us lesser mortals are also present in duplicates. Not only for myself, I have noticed this for many others. Whether they are seven of them, I am still not sure !

PS: When I mention that my face resembles two 'handsome' guys, this is not to suggest anything about my handsomeness. Rather, I am one of those blink-and-miss guys. Not joking, this !

Added Later: I forgot to mention one more case. When I joined college, there was this senior who kept on insisting I had an elder brother, who just passed from the college. When I told him that I don't have any brother, he looked bewildered. He went on to ask me if I had lost a brother in Kumbh mela, who looked exactly like me ! So that makes four of us.
|