Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Hate Mail

There are a few people I know, see, or aware of, whom I loath to the point of hatred. But not even half as much, as I feel that emotion for ever irritating Sajid Khan, with my due apologies to Vandy. I know she likes his performances.

His screen presence, voice, everything acts as perfect repellant for me. The way he makes nasty remarks about people is everything, but funny. In fact they are very offensive. Even Shekar Suman pokes fun, but it is always a naughty humour, never going too personal.

On one particular show of Zee India's Best, Mr Khan was giving a pep talk to participants. He was so pugnacious that day, that participants just fell short of crying in the end. This behaviour is usually shown by those people, who have troubled childhood. But to make a profession(which is a failure) out of that, is simply unacceptable.

Now comes the latest incident, which added fuel to my fire. That day I was watching Muqabala, on NDTV Hindi, and topic of discussion was about changing trends in humour. Ashok Chakradhar, Surendra Sharma, Sajid Khan, and Ad director Prasoon Joshi were the debaters.

When Sajid Khan was asked why does not he goes to Kavi Sammelans, to everyone's shock, he replied that they use 'north Indian Hindi' over there, which he doesn't understand ! He didn't even bother to say it as 'shudhh Hindi'. I kept wondering if there is, similarly, south Indian Tamil, west Indian Gujrati etc. This idiot has such respect for Indian languages.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed the show because both Chakradhar and Sharma took the winds out of him in those 50 minutes, and he was looking sheepish at the end. I guess, he was not able to understand the 'north Indian Hindi' which they were speaking. Pardon me for writing such damning post, but I couldn't help it.
|