Friday, June 17, 2005

Basic Amenities

My house has no drinking water since past four days. The electricity is playing truant, not there since six in the morning, and the telephone is dead since yesterday.

Society chairman says he is 'looking into' the water problem. Till now, I believed him. Now, I will have to buy water.

I always thought that the primarily lady staff at the government offices here would be more helpful than there male counterparts back home. To begin with, I couldn't connect to '198'. After much effort, they gave me another number. The lady at that number was very forthcoming. She simply put the receiver down each time I called. This happened five or six times.

Finally, when I caught hold of her she was in great pain. To my complain, she counter complained to me that why did not I call '198'. I wasn't surprised. She must be knitting sweaters or discussing about the windfall of plastic surgeries at Balaji Telefilms serials. What a pain these consumers are ?

However, I succeeded in registering my complaint. Only the heaven knows, when the phone would get fixed! As far electricity is concerned, I have lost hope. The four hour daily load shedding schedule is still on, and now this random business.

Going through rough patch, it seems!
|