Monday, August 21, 2006

It Works

I don't know whether many of you are aware, that there is a Department Of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government Of India.

They have a functional website http://darpg-grievance.nic.in/. By the word functional I mean that you can log an online complaint against any organization/department under the purview of Government Of India( read Sarkari), if at all you have any issues regarding the functioning of that department, and that your complaint is actually looked into and is moved towards resolution.

Ok, I am not saying this just because I have heard this from someone or have received a forwarded email. I have had a logged a complaint and the concerned authority within three months was asked to resolve my issue. Here are the details.

When I shifted to Pune, some seven years ago, I took a Reliance Gas connection, as the franchisee was located in my immediate neighbourhood. The rates were almost same, and connection was given hassle free.

But gradually, the rates began to increase every month, and now they are Rs 200=00 more than the government rate. Moreover, the franchisee shut shop, and every time I needed a refilling, it took several phone calls, and whole day to get that done. I decided to shift to Bharat Gas.

The franchisee by Bharat Gas was run by crooks( usually that is the case). They would keep on dill-dallying, and ask me to come at odd hours (2.30 pm). Weekends they won't effectively function, and at the top of it they were forcing to buy a gas stove as well, which I already had. When we try to reason out with them about this, the staff would talk rudely.

Total cost of connection quoted - Rs 5200=00.

I had enough, and decided to move to Pune Consumer Protection Council. I had made up mind that I would teach these guys a lesson, even at the cost of me not getting a connection.

But before doing so, I got this aforementioned link form some where. I decided to try my luck there anticipating a cipher response. I lodged me grievance quoting this franchisee's name and address, and forgot the whole stuff.

Three months later, that is at the end of last month, I got a call from this franchisee. They had received a directive from Bharat Petroleum, who in turn had received a directive from a Joint Secretary in Ministry Of Petroleum to resolve this issue.

They were ready to give me two cylinders, sans gas stove, sans house address proof at the actual cost of Rs 2740=00. Not only that, a senior guy from Bharat Petroleum also visited my place to "solve" the issue and apologize from their side.

All this at my leisure. And unless and until I don't a write a letter to Bharat Petroleum, the issue at their side will remain open, and they will keep on hounding the franchisee. I have done that, and now they breathe easy, and I saved my money.

So guys, though this is unbelievable and unheard in India, but this thing exists, and works. From Post Office to Police Office, it will work. That's from horse's mouth.

Labels:

|