Saturday, October 23, 2004

Prejudiced

No, I am not putting up any review of the movie, not just because I haven't seen it, but also because there have been so many of them(reviews). In fact, there has been almost a public out cry against the movie. Critics( not that I give a damn about them), friends, colleagues - all of them have been unanimous in the decision that the movie sucks.

Now I am not one of those different-than-others sort of guys. Such people always have a 'different' take on popular issues. They first make an opinion, then they try to justify it with silly arguments. My views are mostly in sync with popular opinion, though exceptions are always there. Fools go there where wise fear to tread, and I don't want to get counted myself as one amongst the former.So I won't go to see this movie, even for nothing.

I am not surprised by the reaction, though, as I saw it coming, judging by the promos. Script and dialogues are so loosely written that writer forgot that it is hiccups, not sneezes which suggest someone is thinking about us. Sneeze is plain irritation in nasal chamber, dammit.

Anyways, I won't have gone to this movie because of deadpan Aishwariya Rai. Sorry fans, but she can't act. Eight years in the industry, and she still can't act. All she does is giggling, and shouting. Proverbial ice-maiden-model-turned-actress. I can bet my right arm that if had she participated in Zee India's Best contest, she won't have crossed the first hurdle.

Though nothing against the original story. Trishna, in 1984, where Kittu Gidwani made her debut appearance, was a terrific serial. Back then, I was too young to comprehend the nuances, but a repeat telecast made sense. Good acting, and even better direction.

So much for the hype.

Labels:

|