Friday, March 18, 2005

Qatil Ada

At the end of the first day, Sachin Tendulkar sat for the daily press conference. Amongst other things he spoke about, there was this particular quote which I found very interesting. It was in the yesterday's edition of The Times Of India as well.

On his 10000th Run, Sachin says : I did not realise it. All of a sudden, the crowd reaction was different. I asked Rahul (Dravid) what happened. He said, ‘You want me to tell?’ I said, ‘No. I know now.’

Reading this, I scratched my head. Is our Tendlya so naive ? I don't believe so. Nor did Abhishek. Even if we believe he was naive and forgetful, there are facts which contradict his statement. Here is the proof given by Abhishek.

These two things happened well before Dravid went up to him to congratulate.

- He raised his bat after scoring that run.
- And exchanged hand shakes with Pakistani players.

Also,
-crowd's reaction did not become "different" "all of sudden". They had been applauding everyball after his 15-16th Run.
-There was a countdown to 10000 runs being displayed on scoreboard.
-He was visibly shaky & stranded way too long before that run.
-Attempeted 2-3 very horrendious shots for that run.
-There was a phenomenal jump in the scoring rate from 0-27 to 28-52.

Judge yourself. May be he his naive, but we are not. That's the perfect example of putting one's foot in the mouth.

Labels: , , ,

|