Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Anatomy Of Neck Pain

It has happened twice within a fortnight. My pillow has yet again given me a sore neck. I can't move my head towards my right without pain. Last time it was the left turn which was giving the pain.

The problem is that, in this situation, it becomes well neigh impossible for me to sit for a long period of time before my computer screen. This pain-in-the-neck makes me very irritable, and the unwanted irritation clearly becomes evident in my voice.

Now the most tricky part of this predicament. Sometimes, during the stiff-neck situation, after a long struggle, one settles down to a relative comfort zone(well not exactly, but I would say the position of least discomfort). So much so, that soon, for a shorter time frame, one almost forgets about the pain. That is where the pitfall lies.

This forgetfulness induces the lowering of guard by the subject, and under this false state of bliss, one would toss or duck the unsuspecting head, as it one would do it under normal circumstances. There upon, an excruciating pain, almost like a sting, would race upon from the lower back, piercing through the neck, before hitting the base of the skull, behind the ears.

Of course, by now, the reverie is well and truly broken. I myself have had quite a few reveries broken for me today.
|