Tuesday, July 12, 2005

That Printer At ICICI

To
The ICCI Bank
Shivaji Nagar, Apte Road, Pune

Subject: That printer at your branch

Sir/Madam,
The printer at that far right corner in this branch has been giving quite a pain to our haggard souls. Last month, I needed a bank statement for some official purpose, but I was told by the smiling lady that it was out of order, and that it happens only once in blue moon, and if it was really important I may visit another branch.

No, I thought, I needed it for making paper boats in rains.

I went back after two weeks for the same. This time it was the printer server which was down. So not completely out of order - some improvement. This also happens once in blue moon - so I was told. I said Aha. But this time lady didn't even smile.

Not sure what happened, but when I decided to wait, server mercifully was up again. Then she(lady, not the printer) wrote the wrong address. My tearful eyes made her re-do it.

Don't know if it was printer, but I didn't get my TDS certificates at my address. Went to bank last to last weekend, and requested for the same. As the procedure demanded, had to submit an application for the same. Advised to come back after three, I went back after seven days.

Sir/Madam, this poor clerk who handles TDS is a miserable soul, because he handles drafts also. I also noticed that he has some serious colour blindness. Right in front of me, he outrightly refused three signatures. Then he would show them to ladies seated on counters at either side, and then to manager - finally to accept them. By now, the affected party would be inconsolable.

Though, I have deviated from the track, but this is important because when I landed after seven days - he again refused three signatures, which were later confirmed correct. Ladies at either counter also seemed irritated, and what to say of customers. Later, even I was.

First, he refused he has my TDS certificate after keeping me waiting for half an hour. When I told him that he didn't even look for it(because I was standing right there throughout), then only he began his search. Soon the Bank manager arrived, and together they found the soft copy in his email. But, again, I heard that familiar term that printer was not working!

I counted three blue moons in past four weeks for the manager. God bless your kind soul branch manager, and assistant manager. I was told that there is another printer in manager's cabin, and print could be taken there. That document was duly mailed to manager's email box, but this time mail server went down. After another half an hour, I finally got my certificates.

Please replace/fix that Goddamn printer of the branch. If not possible, then please put the branch manager's printer at the service.

Thanking you in anticipation
Yours truly,
One haggard customer
|