Tuesday, July 05, 2005

After A Long Gap

Those who thought I am busy are right - I am giving a small training. Those who reckoned I am not well, then they are partially right - I am not exactly in the pink of my health. And yes, as "the thief" suggested - I am left a trifle "speechless" with the Wimbledon Final & Semi-Final.

My last post evoked an effusive response - and that's the way I had expected to be. But this is an unfair world, where crooks rule the roost. Only the other day, I read that All India Muslim Personal Law Board chief Farooq Kureshi took it upon himself to investigate the Imrana affair.

His team has found that Imrana might have never been raped, and that she might have cooked up the whole controversy. So in other words, fatwa is justifiable now. I have reached to the level where such things cease to shock me, and perhaps you wouldn't be shocked either when on the suggestion of the AIMPLB the rapist is set free.

Coming back to Wimbledon. I have been following tennis for last 16 years or so, and have also seen the highlights of the matches played before my time. This is no statement, but frankly, I have not seen a greater player of the tennis racket & ball as Roger Federer.

Leyton Hewitt played his best tennis, and yet lost in straight sets. He looked rattled, but fought on. But Fighting is not enough to win a battle.

On the contrary, Andy Roddic was minced like the meat, beaten to pulp. The way he looked and conducted during the whole match, anyone could see the fear in his eyes. He was hesitant in his big serve. He was hesitant like hell on the net. Federer didn't let him touch anything there. Trust me, his confidence is shattered. He would never beat Federer, not in this life.

I have said this before, and I can say that innumerable times further more. Roger Federer is the greatest.

Ok, off to impart the training again. Will catch you all soon!

Labels: ,

|