Monday, April 30, 2007

Kaane Raja Oonkh Dogey ?

Kaane Raja Oonkh Dogey ?

Oonkh is SugarCane in Sanskrit. The phrase is a Hindi proverb which means using derogatory words even while asking for a favour. An incident similar to this happened to me in the morning.
A young man rings the bell, and is probably handicapped with Polio.

Man: Sahi.
I(perplexed): What?

Man: Sahi! Shows a paper.
I: Oh, signature.

Man: Our society president **** Uncle has asked this document to be signed.

I was about to sign when he explains me about the some donation for his studies because, though, he is handicapped, he is a meritorious scholar(he showed me 86% marks somewhere on the paper).

Though I was slightly miffed because he told me about this at the last moment, but still decided to help him.

Suddenly, he dropped a bomb shell!

Man: Aap Kahan Se Ho, Uncle?
I(coldly): What is your correct age, Merey Laal?

Man(slightly taken aback): 25, Kyun ?
I: Even if you were 20, I wouldn't qualify as your uncle.

Man: I am Sorry...er...sir.
I: You better be. I am from Lucknow.

Now he drops another bomb shell.

Man: Punjab Se?
I(disgusted not for the first and last time): Jaaney Do Dost. Mujhey Office Bhi Jana Hai.

Still gave him 50 bucks, and closed the door.

I have found these two generic problem over here. Uncle and Aunty is the most abused word, and they have very twisted sense of Geography.

Labels:

|