Thursday, February 17, 2005

Snowfall In Lucknow !

It has never happened, and there is no chance in a billion. It doesn't happen in plains. Evryone knows, though it happened in Dubai recently.

But this bright dude in my company asked me if a snowfall ocurred in Lucknow like it happened in J&K recently. Lucknow near J&K ? Not the one which I usually visit.

I no more feel shocked, as I used to do before. I seriously believe that Geography as a subject is higly neglected one in the schools of this part of the country. I guess, my French client had a better sense. He at least knew Lucknow is 'somewhere near TajMahal'.

Incidentally, there is a related debate going on Sarika's blog. I had written similar post Lucknow Is On Mars Pune Is On Venus long time back mentioning similar irritating incidents. Bhagwaan In Sabko Sadbudhdhi De.

Labels: ,

|